Why New Era collects information
New Era collects personal information because it helps us deliver superior products and service. It may enable us to focus on products and information of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us communicate to you our latest products, special offers and information and events you might like to hear about.
Types of information New Era collects
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use the information.
|Context||Types of Data, Purpose of Collection, and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||We may collect your name and contact information when you create an account. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.|
Cookies and first party tracking
|Demographic Information||We may collect personal information from you, such as your age or location.|
|Distance Information||When you use one of our Apps we may collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a store that sells our products.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we may collect information necessary to process your application. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we may collect your email address or postal address.|
|Mobile Devices||We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.|
|Order Placement||We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order.|
|Partner Promotion||We may collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we may collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.|
|Third Party Tracking||We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.|
|Web logs||We may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check. The online application portion of our website is powered by a secure third party recruitment database. Resumes and/or job applications you submit for job openings will be used only for considering your application for the posted position (or other relevant positions) and not for marketing purposes.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use your information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To provide the products and services you request, or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline your checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
As discussed in the sections above, our collecting and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
1. Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your information with that company.
2. Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
3. Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
4. Public. Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
6. Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
1. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
2. Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "STOP MAILINGS" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
3. Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying "STOP."
4. Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address described below.
5. Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
6. Revocation Of Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
7. Access To Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the personal information that have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
8. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
9. California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below.
How New Era Protects Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. New Era may share its customer information (including personally identifiable information) with certain companies, including, but not limited to Braintree Payments (http://www.braintreepayments.com), PayPal (http://www.paypal.com), Windsor Circle (http://www.windsorcircle.com), XPO Logistics (http://www.xpo.com), UPS (http://www.ups.com), and United States Postal Services (http://www.usps.com). We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Children's privacy. New Era realizes that children may visit this website, and New Era encourages children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to any website, including ours. However, New Era believes that it is ultimately the parents' responsibility to supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their names, addresses, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. New Era will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent. If a child under 13 submits personal information to New Era and we learn that the information is from a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
- Information Submittals. Information submitted or provided to New Era through neweracap.com regarding New Era or its website or products, including but not limited to submission of ideas for new products, inventions and/or designs, including New Era By You designs (collectively, "Ideas"), shall be deemed to be non-confidential and New Era shall be free to copy, reproduce, use, disclose, distribute and commercially exploit such Ideas in any manner, without limitation or attribution. From time to time, we may contact you about special offers, updates on new products, invites to exclusive events and new website features if you agreed to be included in our mailing lists when you visited our website or completed a purchase with us or if you voluntarily participated in a New Era survey, contest, sweepstakes or other promotion. You may unsubscribe or change email preferences from our mailing lists by using the preference page option located at the bottom of your most recent email campaign received.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Attention: Customer Care and Legal Department
160 Delaware Ave.
Buffalo, New York 14202
Last Revised: 5/24/18